Chicken Cordon Bleu
I LOVE freezer meals! They have totally transformed my days and taken such a load of stress off!
This is a great easy meal and it is perfect for the freezer! It is also a very healthy version!
How to Make Chicken Cordon Blue as a Freezer Meal
- Chicken Breasts (for this recipe I used 3 medium breast)
- sliced ham (one piece per breast)
- swiss cheese (again, one piece per breast….I use the Ultra Thin for less calories)
- homemade cream of chicken soup (ok, so you can use the can stuff, but this version is super easy and much healthier! If you are using more than 3-4 chicken breast, you may wish to double your soup recipe)
Spray your pan with a non-stick spray ( You can use a disposable metal pan or you can use a regular pan, lined in foil. make sure you use lots of extra foil so that it can fold completely over the dish after prepared, covering the entire meal!)
Place your chicken breast in the pan and cover in the homemade cream of chicken soup.
Next, place one slice of ham and swiss cheese on top of each chicken breast.
At this point, you may freeze the meal! Cover completely in foil and place in your freezer. Once frozen, IF you have lined the entire tray and covered the meal in foil, you may remove and place in a Ziploc Vacuum Bags. If not, you are safe to leave it in the pan, tightly covered, until you are ready to serve.
On the day you wish to serve, remove from the freezer in the morning and allow to thaw.
Cook on 400 degrees for about 40 minutes or until no longer pink. Cook times will vary depending on how many pieces of chicken you are using.
Serve with your favorite sides! ENJOY!
*This recipe is very easy to adapt according to your family size.
Jennifer is a wife, mother of three (twins plus one!), and daughter of The King! They are fairly new on their homeschooling journey. Her twin boys are in first grade and her little princess is just beginning her preschool days. They are just a normal family following God’s plan for our family!
She loves to do what she can to make their days a little bit easier. That includes lots of freezer meal preparation and slow cooker meals. She can’t wait to share some tips with you all!
You can find her over at http://www.godlyglimpses.com
Latest posts by Heather Bowen (see all)
- FREE New Testament Timeline Study from Grapevine Studies - October 30, 2014
- HUGE list of Kids Eat Free on Halloween Deals - October 27, 2014
- Free Smurfs Handwriting Packs - October 27, 2014